Skip to content
Hummingbird Cake with Rum Cream Cheese Frosting
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
Yield: 9 servings
- A moist cake rich with tropical flavors!
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, for garnish, optional
- 1 cup sugar
Rum Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 tbsp butter OR margaine
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut for garnish, optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger and pineapple; mixing well.
- Fold in coconut and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost when cooled.
- For frosting: beat cream cheese and butter together in medium bowl.
- Mix in remaining frosting ingredients and blend until frosting is desired spreading consistency.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup toasted coconut and 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, if desired.