Homestyle Dressing with Mushrooms
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- A traditional moist dressing with lots of mushrooms and celery and just the right amount of seasoning.
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (to 2-1 2)
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 12 cup day old bread cubes OR unseasoned bread cubes for stuffing
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and celery.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes just until vegetables are tender.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, parsley, minced onion, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the bread cubes.
- Toss to combine.
- If dressing appears dry, add up to 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until dressing is well browned.