- Cut potatoes in half.
- Boil potatoes until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Scoop pulp out of each potato half leaving a 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick shell.
- Discard pulp or save for another use.
- Arrange potatoes, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- (Remove a small slice from bottom of potato if necessary, so each shell rests flat on baking sheet).
- Combine butter, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in small bowl.
- Brush on interior of potato shells.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes, 8 to 10 inches from heat until lightly browned.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese.
- Add walnuts and mix well.
- Fill each potato shell with cheese mixture.
- Combine romano cheese and garlic salt; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Broil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately.
Gorgonzola is a creamy, mild flavored Italian cheese, with an ivory color and blue-green veins. Look for it in the specialty cheese section of the grocery store.