Skip to content
Gooey Cinnamon Pudding Recipe
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Cinnamon cake with a rich caramel sauce on the bottom!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp rum flavor
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine brown sugar, water, butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and rum extracts.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Combine milk, melted butter, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to the flour mixture; blend quickly.
- Spread cake batter in a greased 13×9-inch cake pan.
- Pour sauce over top. DO NOT mix.
- Sprinkle pecans over the liquid.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center bubbles up.
- Serve warm.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.