Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Delicious as it is, or serve over pasta.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 2 cup (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 slice provolone OR mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) marinara OR spaghetti sauce (1-½ cups)
- Parmesan None cheese, shredded, as desired
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- Combine panko, flour, Italian herb seasoning and garlic salt in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg and then in crumbs, covering both sides.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet and add chicken.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken to a platter.
- Sauté mushrooms in skillet, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add marina sauce and mix well.
- Place chicken breasts on top of sauce; top each with slice of cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.