- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 31 Minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- Soft, chewy and pleasantly spicy. Bet you can't eat just one!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, dark
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup coarse sugar
- 1 cup coarse sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl with mixer at medium high speed until well mixed.
- Beat in egg and corn syrup until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar in a small dish.
- Shape dough into 3/4 to 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or just until golden around edges.
- Cool on baking sheet 1 minute; remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
To speed chilling, place dough in freezer for 15 to 30 minutes instead of refrigerating.