Refrigerator Mashed Potatoes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- These rich tasting mashed potatoes can be made ahead, making holiday meals less hectic!
- 5 lb baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- Boil potatoes in large pan with enough water to cover until fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper and butter to potatoes.
- Mash until smooth with electric mixer or by hand with a potato masher. Cool.
- Can store in refrigerator up to 5 days tightly covered.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place desired amount of potatoes in a greased casserole.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through. (If full amount of recipe is used, heat in a 2-quart casserole.)