Skip to content
Fresh Berry Shortcakes with White Chocolate Mousse
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 42 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- The ultimate combination of fresh berries, two kinds of chocolate and tender shortcake! Truly a decadent dessert!
- 4 cup fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 2 1/3 cup packaged all-purpose biscuit mix
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
White Chocolate Mousse
- 6 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- OR 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- Stir white chocolate and 1/2 cup of the cream in a heavy saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl.
- Cool until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat remaining 1 cup cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream and almond or vanillaextract into chocolate mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shortcakes: Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine biscuit mix, milk, butter, chocolate chips and vanilla until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over shortcakes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet; cool.
- Berries: Rinse and trim berries.
- Slice if desired.
- Add sugar and vanilla; gently stir.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Split shortcakes and place each in a shallow bowl.
- Top with White Chocolate Mousse and berry sauce.
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf, if desired.