- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Combine two great fall flavors....squash and cranberries.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 tsp Orange Peel
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black fine grind
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut squash in halves, lengthwise; scoop out seeds.
- Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil.
- Place squash, cut side down, in pan and bake for about 40 minutes, until nearly tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl.
- Portion into squash.
- Bake 20 minutes or until squash is tender and cranberry sauce is bubbling.