Skip to content
Cinnamon Streusel Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Yield: 1 pie
- The cinnamon streusel topping is a great addition to this pie!
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup, light
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan, flute edges.
- Mix together sweet potatoes, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, eggs, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- To make the streusel topping: Mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or two forks, until blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean and streusel is golden brown.
- Cool pie to room temperature.
- Whip together vanilla whipped cream ingredients until stiff peaks form and top pie just before serving.