Cinnamon Galletas – Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Cook Time: 32 Minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies
- Pair these cinnamon butter cookies with a tall glass of cold milk or a steaming mug of latte.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and vanilla until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Mix flour and corn starch together.
- Gradually add flour mixture until blended.
- Form cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on baking sheets; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned. Cool.
- Whisk 1 cup powder sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk together in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir in additional milk until desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with toasted almonds.