Skip to content
Christmas Pinwheels Recipe
Cook Time: 4 Hours, 40 Minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
- Perfect for the holidays.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp Red Food Color
- 1/2 tsp Green Food Color
- Cream together butter and cream cheese; add powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg; mix well.
- Mix together salt, baking powder, flour and ground almonds; add gradually to butter mixture.
- Divide in half and add red food coloring to one half and green food coloring to the other half.
- Chill for two hours.
- Roll each half of dough between wax paper into a 9 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Remove one sheet wax paper from each rectangle.
- Lay one layer of dough on top of the other and press together.
- Remove wax paper from the top of dough.
- Roll up dough tightly beginning with a long side, removing the wax paper on the bottom as you roll.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the roll of dough into ?- inch thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.