Skip to content
Banana Peanut Butter Twist Recipe
Cook Time: 2 Hours, 10 Minutes
Yield: 1 twist
- Subtle banana flavor with just the right amount of cinnamon.
- 1 envelope yeast, rapid or quick rise
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 to 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup crushed honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp banana flavoring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 2 tbsp milk
- Combine whole wheat flour, undissolved yeast, salt and pudding mix in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat milk and butter until very warm (120 to 130F) and add to bowl with eggs.
- Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add all-purpose flour gradually until soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball on a lightly floured surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter and cinnamon for filling.
- Roll dough into a 24 x 9-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Carefully spread filling to 1/2-in of edges; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Beginning at long side, roll up tightly as for jelly roll.
- Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut roll in half lengthwise and lay both halves on a greased baking sheet with the cut side up.
- Twist halves together keeping cut sides facing upward and form into a ring, pinch ends to seal.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour, or until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover twist with foil and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir together glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Cool twist for 10 minutes then drizzle with glaze.