- Stir corn starch, brown sugar and crushed red pepper together in a small saucepan OR 1-quart microwavable dish.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cookover medium heat on stove (OR microwave on HIGH 100% for 2 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Heat until mixture boils for 1 full minute.
- Continue cooking and stirring 1 to 2 additional minutes or until thickened to a syrup-like consistency.
- Drizzle over your favorite stir-fry just before serving.
- Also delicious as a glaze for grilled meats.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To turn this recipe into a great Teriyaki glaze, just add 3 tablespoons frozen pineapple juice concentrate.
- Make a Chinese Barbecue Sauce by adding 3 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets), ¼ teaspoon, Spice Islands® Cayenne Pepper and ½ cup ketchup or your favorite barbecue sauce. (Great for chicken wings!)
- For Thai Peanut Sauce, decrease the soy sauce to ¼ cup; add ? cup chunky peanut butter and ? cup coconut milk. Garnish with minced green onions, Spice Islands® Sesame Seeds and Crushed Red Pepper.
Stir-fry 1 pound chicken strips and 4 to 6 cups chopped vegetables to make a stir-fry.
Recommended vegetables include onions, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli and carrots.