Skip to content
Chiles Rellenos Casserole
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Perfect for breakfast or dinner, the flavors of classic chiles rellenos are all here in this quick main dish!
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 can (7 ounces) None diced green chiles, drained
- 4 cup (16 ounces) None shredded colby Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup baking mix OR pancake mix
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange chilies evenly on melted butter.
- Cover with cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, baking mix and spices in a mixing bowl; pour over cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes, before cutting into squares.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.