Skip to content
Chile Relleno Bake Recipe
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Taco Seasoning is great for breakfast!
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 12 oz chilies, whole, canned
- 4 cup (24 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Spanish Paprika
- Combine tomatoes, taco seasoning and minced onions in a small bowl; set aside.
- Slice chilies lengthwise and place in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread tomato mixture over chilies; top with cheeses.
- Combine milk and flour in a large bowl, beating until smooth with a whisk.
- Add eggs, salt and ground white pepper; beat until well mixed.
- Pour over cheese in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes until browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.