- Mix 4 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Add water and butter; beat well. Add eggs.
- Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover and let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half out to a 10 x 14-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Begin by brushing each rectangle with ¼ cup melted butter.
- Combine 1 cup sugar with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cinnamon sugar and1 cup chopped pecans on each rectangle.
- Roll up from long side.
- Cut each roll into 12 slices.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Stir until blended.
- Place half of the caramel syrup and 1 cup pecans in two greased 13 x 9-inch pans.
- Place 12 rolls per 13 x 9-inch pan, or 6 rolls per 8-inch pan, cut side down.
- To Prepare
- Let rise in a warm, draft free place until double, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 to 25 minutes for 13 x 9-inch pans; 15 to 20 minutes if using 8-inch pans.
- Cool slightly before turning out of pan.
Remove plastic wrap and bake as directed above.
To make ahead: cover unrisen rolls with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
You may need to reheat the water several times during the rise time.
May also use 1/2 cup syrup and 1/2 cup pecans in 8-inch square baking pans
Allow about 2-½ to 3 hours for the rolls to double in bulk.
Remove rolls from refrigerator and place pan over a bowl of very hot water to rise.