Skip to content
Caramel Apple Pie
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Caramel syrup drizzled over apples, topped with crunchy streusel - fall's best flavors!
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 5 to 6 McIntosh OR Granny Smith apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 3 tbsp prepared caramel sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp rum flavor
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Press pie crust into pie pan; flute edges.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice and corn starch in a large bowl.
- Peel and core apples; cut into ¼-inch thick slices and place in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice and rum; add to dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Place in pie crust.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Stir flour and brown sugar together in small bowl.
- Cut in ¼ cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of pie.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350ºF and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.