Skip to content
Cantonese Ribs Recipe
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
Yield: 1 rack of ribs
- The sweet but spicy marinade doubles as a glaze for these tender ribs.
- Cut rack of ribs into individual ribs.
- Place in resealable plastic bag or shallow pan.
- Combine soy sauce, cilantro, hoisin sauce, sherry, sugar, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over ribs and turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a rack inside a shallow baking dish.
- Remove ribs from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Place ribs on rack and place in oven.
- Carefully pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roast ribs for 90 minutes until well browned and tender.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- After the ribs have cooked for 30 minutes, turn and baste with the marinade every 15 minutes.
- When the ribs are done, brush them with the honey and broil for 3 to 5 minutes until crispy.