- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl, drizzle oil over cubes.
- Stir until cubes are coated with oil.
- Sprinkle cubes with cheese and the desired amount of seasoning .
- Store unused herb mixture in a re-sealable container for future use.
- Spread seasoned croutons in a single layer on a 15×10-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until cubes are dried; stir occasionally.
- Cool on baking sheet.
- Store in plastic, re-sealable bag.
A slightly stale Italian country or basic sourdough loaf work best for croutons!