Weeknight Chicken Cacciatore Pasta
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Traditionally a slow cooking dish, this updated version uses quick cooking chicken breasts to make a delicious, hearty dinner the entire family will love!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 can (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup medium whole black olives, pitted
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper, red crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz penne OR rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown all sides.
- Add onions; continue cooking until onions are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, olives, green bell peppers if using, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sugar, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Reduce heat tomedium-low (to maintain a simmer).
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.
- Sprinkle top of each serving with shredded Parmesan cheese.