Cajun Shrimp and Pasta
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. Tone’s® Cajun Seasoning Blend
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. fettucine
1 – 15 oz. jar alfredo sauce
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
4 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley (optional)
•¼ -½ C. shredded parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Prepare a large pot of water for pasta and turn on medium heat.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, peppers, onion, Cajun seasoning, butter and olive oil. Toss well to coat.
- Spread mixture onto a large sheet pan in as thin of a layer as possible.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare fettucine according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, heat alfredo sauce.
- When pasta is done, reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid; set aside.
- Drain pasta and toss with alfredo sauce in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp, vegetables, any sauce from the pan, and the lime juice to the pasta and toss to coat. Add some of the reserved cooking liquid if needed to get desired consistency of the sauce.
- Serve with parsley and parmesan if desired.