Skip to content
Cajun Cheese Bake Recipe
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- The ultimate cheese dish - containing 2 pounds of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese! Perfect for brunch or dinner.
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 cup (16 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cup (16 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced or segmented
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine chilies and cheese in a greased 3-quart casserole.
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat yolks, milk, flour and Cajun seasoning.
- Carefully fold egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour over cheese and chilies.
- Using a fork, gently pierce casserole from top to bottom to mix eggs and cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place tomato slices around edge of casserole.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, until edges pull away from sides of dish slightly.
- Serve with additional Cajun seasoning, if desired.