Blackened Chicken Soup
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: About 2 quarts
- Spicy and delicious! Serve with crusty bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, pure OR olive canola blend
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add chicken to saucepan; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plate; cover with foil.
- Add onions, celery, potatoes, carrots and chicken broth to saucepan.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add the roasted red peppers and process with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in cream and chicken.
- Return to low heat and heat through.
- Season with salt, pepper and additional Cajun seasoning, if desired.