Skip to content
Almond Poppy Seed Bread
Cook Time: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
Yield: 32 slices
- Moist and delicious.
- 2-1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cup milk (do not use skim milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 1-1/3 cup corn oil
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp Poppy Seed
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 3/4 cup sugar
- For Bread: Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds in large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and oil.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients.
- Blend at medium-high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until loaves are light brown in color and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Glaze: Heat sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract,almond extract and butter to boiling in small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour glaze over hot loaves of bread, in pans.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pans; cover loaves and let sit overnight before serving.