Tropical Mango Bread
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Give yourself a mini-vacation in your own kitchen with this tropical bread! Delicious served with breakfast or brunch.
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup diced mango (about 1 medium mango)
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup corn oil
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp hot tap water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add vanilla, eggs, oil, fruits, nuts and coconut; mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- When loaves are cool, mix together ingredients for glaze and pour over loaves.
For easy clean up, place a sheet of waxed paper under the rack before pouring glaze over bread