Thick Spicy Chili
- Cook Time: 17 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Thick, savory and a nice kick of heat.
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 can (29 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fine grind black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 can (15 ounces each) kidney beans, drained
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onions, green pepper, celery and minced garlic.
- Sauté until tender but not brown.
- Add ground beefand pork.
- Stir occasionally until meat is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, water, sugar, spices and salt. Mix well.
- Simmer at least 2 hours.
- Add kidney beans; heat for 5 minutes.
Substitute ground venison for the ground beef.