Spinach Feta Sandwich Roll
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Start with a loaf of frozen bread dough, then roll up with a filling of spinach, mushrooms, feta and cream cheese.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 loaf (1-pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Mix cheeses, spinach, mushrooms, pepper,garlic powder, Italian herb seasoning, salt and egg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Roll bread dough into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread spinach mixture over dough leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Roll up lengthwise, jelly roll style; pinch seam and edges to seal.
- Place roll diagonally on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut 6 slits into top of roll using a sharp knife.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden.