- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4 dozen 2-inch cookies
- Cinnamon's flavor shines in this classic cookie.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix togetherbutter, shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat until mixture is fluffy.
- Beat in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in the sugar cinnamon mixture; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned, but still soft.
Cookies will puff up at first, then flatten out.