Skip to content
Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast with Gravy
Cook Time: 6 Hours, 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Who can resist the classic flavors of a roast beef with gravy on a chilly night?
- 1/4 cup Canadian Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 large OR 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 lb red skin OR Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 tbsp Thyme Leaf
- 2 bay leaves, whole
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 3 lb ( 1.35 kg ) beef chuck roast (excess fat trimmed)
- Sprinkle meat with seasoning.
- Heat corn oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown meat on all sides; place inslow cookeror Dutch oven.
- Sauté; onions with remaining pan drippings in skillet then add to meat.
- Add carrots, thyme, bay leaves and potatoes to items inslow cookeror Dutch oven.
- Stir Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and corn starch together then pour over other ingredients.
- Cover with lid and heat inslow cooker on high or in 325F oven for 5 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender and pulls apart easily.