Slow Cooked Chicken (or Turkey) and Stuffing
- Cook Time: 5 Hours, 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- The perfect dinner after a day of holiday shopping! Put the slow cooker on and hit the mall - then return to this aromatic, hearty meal!
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Leaf Basil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 12 cup day old bread cubes OR unseasoned bread cubes for stuffing
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 cup chopped, cooked chicken OR turkey
- Combine broth, butter, celery, mushrooms, parsley, onions, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, basil and pepper in a large saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, soup and chicken; stir into broth mixture until smooth.
- Pour over bread and mix well.
- Place mixture in a greased 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or until a thermometer inserted into center of stuffing reads 160F.
Stuffing can also be placed in a greased, covered casserole dish, and baked at 275F for 3 hours.