Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spiced Vanilla Sauce
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- All the flavors of pumpkin pie in an easy to make bread pudding.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 cup stale bread, coarsely cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp Orange Peel
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries OR other dried fruit (chopped dates, dried apricots, golden raisins, etc)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
Spiced Vanilla Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread in baking dish.
- Sprinkle cranberries and pecans over the top.
- Whisk pumpkin, butter, cream, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Pour over bread; let stand 15 minutes.(At this point, mixture can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours, if desired).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake pudding for 50 to 60 minutes, or until center is set.
- Mix sugar and corn starch in a medium saucepan.
- Add milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly over medium high heat.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- To serve, spoon sauce over each serving of bread pudding.