Poached Garden Seasoned Cod
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Light and healthy fish entree.
Healthy fish offering.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 (stalks) celery, sliced into 2-inch long thin strips
- 2 carrots, sliced into 2-inch long thin strips
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp Salt Free Garden Seasoning Blend
- 4 cod OR halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine, such as chardonnay OR pinot grigio
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrots and onion;sprinkle with 1 tablespoon seasoning.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes; push to side of skillet.
- Add remaining oil.
- Season both sides of fish with remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons seasoning.
- Cook for 3 minutes or just until fish is starting to brown.
- Turn fish and add wine.
- Hard simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve fish with vegetables and pan sauce.