Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- Turn frozen meatballs into a quick and delicious dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Oregano Leaf
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 24 frozen meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 hoagie buns, toasted if desired
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onions and bell pepper and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano and garlic powder.
- Add frozen meatballs.
- Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are cooked through.
- Portion 4 meatballs and sauce on each roll.
- Sprinkle with cheese.