Italian Tomato Herb Soup
Cook Time: 29 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Quick to fix with convenient canned tomatoes. The Sage Croutons are worth the extra few minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 4 slice sandwich bread
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Yogurt OR sour cream, optional
- Sage Croutons
- In large (2 to 3 quart) microwavable-safe bowl, combine oil, carrot and onion.
- Cover; cook on HIGH (100% power) 6 to 8 minutes, stirring once, until vegetables are just tender.
- Add enough water to tomatoes to make 3-1/2 cups.
- Stir tomato mixture, tomato paste and Italian Herb seasoning into bowl.
- Cover; cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 to 4 minutes or until hot.
- Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt.
- Float herb croutons on soup or serve on the side.
- Trim crusts from 4 thin slices of sandwich bread.
- Combine olive oil with minced garlic; brush on bread slices. Sprinkle with sage.
- Bake at 400F for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp and golden, turning once.
- Cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Makes 16 croutons.