Frosted Cinnamon Rolls with Mashed Potatoes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours
- Yield: 24 rolls
- A fabulous traditional cinnamon roll. Mashed potatoes in the dough make them extra light.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 to 6 tbsp milk
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed potatoes from 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup potato water, reserved
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 to 110F)
- 8-1/2 to 9-1/2 cup flour
- 2 envelope Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- Combine potatoes, potato water, butter, sugar, salt and hot water in large mixer bowl.
- Stir until butter melts; set aside and let cool.
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in small bowl.
- Add eggs, 2 cups flour and yeast mixture to potato mixture.
- Continue adding flour, 1 cup at a time until soft dough forms.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 4 to 6 minutes), OR knead with electric mixer using dough hook.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place about 1 hour, until doubled.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12×18-inch rectangle.
- Spread with half the butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the mixture over surface.
- Roll up tightly, sealing edges.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Place in greased 13×9-inch pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.