Skip to content
Dijon Encrusted Prime Rib
Cook Time: 2 Hours, 55 Minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Company special beef roast.
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds) rib roast
- 2 + 1/2 tbsp Canadian Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup pan drippings (from roast)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp beef base
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier liquor
- Let roast stand at room temperature for an hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 500F.
- Rinse and pat roast dry; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast beef in shallow for 30 minutes; remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 F.
- Combine 2 tablespoons seasoning, flour, mustard and butter; mix well.
- Spread seasoned butter evenly over meat.
- Roast for an additional 1 to 1-1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 135 F for medium rare doneness.
- Rest 20 minutes before carving.
- Combine cream, beef base, pan drippings, sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in Grand Marnier just before serving.