Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat slightly.
- Add corn syrup, pumpkin and evaporated milk; blend well.
- Pour filling carefully into pie crust taking care not to overfill crust. (The amount of filling prepared may exceed the capacity of a 9-inch pie crust.)
- Pour any excess filling into custard cups or a small casserole dish to bake.
Bake for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 40 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
- Pour cream into medium-sized bowl.
- Beat cream 3 to 4 minutes until soft peaks begin to form.
- Gradually add brown sugar, being careful not to over beat.
- Fold in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
For best results use chilled bowl and beaters to prepare whipped cream.