Skip to content
Chicken and Basil Risotto
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Mild and creamy, with a touch of wine flavor.
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil, pure OR olive canola blend
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tsp Sweet Leaf Basil
- Combine broth, wine and water in saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a separate 2-quart saucepan over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and pepper.
- Add half of the chicken; sauté for 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 1 additional tablespoon oil to saucepan and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Set chicken aside; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to saucepan; stir in rice and onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup of hot broth mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth mixture 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the broth has been absorbed.
- Rice should be creamy and al dente.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken.
- Heat through.
- Stir in Asiago cheese, and basil.
- Serve immediately.