Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- This tasty dip would make a great a great burrito or enchilada filling.
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 tsp Oregano Leaf
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh onion
- Optional garnishes: green onions, cilantro, black olives OR sour cream
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cooking until no pink remains in beef.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add refried beans, salsa, chili powder and oregano.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with desired garnishes.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.