Blueberry Biscuit Cobbler
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries for this tempting cobbler with its own puffed topping.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 2 lb blueberries, fresh OR frozen
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup cold butter OR margarine, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Stir 1 cup sugar and corn starch together in a large saucepan.
- Add berries, water and almond extract, stirring until thickened over medium-high heat, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; set aside to cool.
- Whisk together flour, ? cup sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon peel in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or two forks.
- Stir in milk to form a thick, doughy batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter evenly onto surface of blueberry filling.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is puffed and deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
To garnish, sprinkle coarse sugar over the batter just before baking.