Skip to content
Apple Pork Chops
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Sautéd onions and apples team with tender boneless pork chops to create a speedy fall supper.
- 1 tbsp butter OR margarine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium cooking apples, cored, each cut into 4 crosswise slices
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Maple Sprinkle Seasoning Blend
- 1 medium red onion, sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 4 piece Boneless pork chops, 1/2-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon maple sprinkle seasoning, then brown quickly on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion slices to skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes (turning once) or until browned.
- Transfer to plate.
- Mix flour, coriander, onion salt and pepper in shallow bowl.
- Dredge both sides of pork chops.
- Brown chops quickly on both sides in skillet, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- To serve, place pork chop on plate, top with 1 onion slice and 2 apple slices.