Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Cook Time: 9 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- When you want French toast for a crowd - try this make-ahead French toast casserole!
- 12 slices of raisin bread (day old is best)
- 2 medium cooking apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 9 eggs
- 5 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with 6 slices of bread.
- Layer with apples.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add half and half, sugar, almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Pour over bread.
- Let stand 15 minutes OR cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.