Pork Street Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-10 hours
- Yield: 6 servings
4 lbs. pork shoulder
4 Tbsp. Tone’s® Taco Seasoning
1 ½ Tbsp. canola oil
1 yellow onion, large dice
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 C. orange juice
18 corn tortillas
1 white onion, small dice
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
2 limes, wedged
- Dry the pork shoulder and trim any excess fat, but leave some of the fat cap intact.
- Combine the taco seasoning and oil.
- Rub the mixture on the pork shoulder, covering as much surface area as possible.
- Place the pork shoulder, fat side up, in a slow cooker.
- Place onion and garlic on top of meat.
- Pour in the orange juice.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- When done, transfer to a cutting board.
- If you used a bone-in shoulder, remove the bones at this time.
- Shred the pork, leaving some in larger chunks.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry skillet on medium heat until the start to get char marks.
- Stack two tortillas together and top with pork, followed by diced onion and fresh cilantro.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the tacos before eating.
You can save the liquid from the slow cooker and use it to reheat any leftover pork.