Skip to content
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 24 "pies"
- Easy to eat cookie with all your favorite carrot cake flavors...cinnamon, nutmeg and gooey cream cheese icing!
- 1-1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pure
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice OR milk
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour oats into a food processor or blender and grind until they have a smooth texture.
- Whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until just blended.
- Add carrots and mix just until combined; dough will be sticky.
- Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cookies are set and just browning around the edges.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets before removing cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat all filling ingredients with electric mixer in large bowl, adding enough lemon juice to make a creamy consistency.
- Spread filling over bottom of one cookie and then press another cookie, bottom-side down into filling.
- Refrigerate cookies if not serving immediately.