- Combine olive oil, bourbon, lime juice, sugar, Cajun seasoning, chipotle and cilantro.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade, set aside.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a resealable plastic bag with the chicken.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium.
- Brush grill racks with small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- Place chicken thighs bone side down and cover.
- Grill for 5 to7 minutes.
- Turn the chicken skin side down.
- Grill 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Turn thighs to skin side up; baste the tops with the reserved marinade.
- Grill 3 to 4 more minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165ºF or juices run clear.
Thighs can be grilled with skin on, or skinless.
Leaving the skin on will result in juicier meat.